My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://female-offenders.com/Safehouse/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Sister sexually assaults brother

In this case the offender sexually assaulted her 12 year old adopted brother and had a child by him. I also wonder at the Judges comment saying the outcome would have been different if the genders were reversed.


MI - Circuit Judge John McBain sentenced a Leoni Township woman to five years probation and 270 days in jail for having sex in 2002 with her adopted brother, who fathered one of her children.

The woman, now 32, earlier pleaded guilty to gross indecency, a felony, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor for providing the boy, who was then 12, with alcohol.

"I know if I chose not to use alcohol, I wouldn't be in the situation I am in now," said the woman, who is not being named in order to protect the identity of the victim, now 18.

When McBain asked her why she involved herself with her brother, she told him she didn't really know how to answer the question accurately.

She called her life before the crimes "very horrible." A relative tried to commit suicide, and she watched her nephew drown in a pool, which turned her to alcohol, she said.

"I don't want to give you the impression none of this is my fault; I know some of it is my fault," she said.

Assistant Prosecutor Allison Bates said instead of expressing remorse, the woman continues to believe she is a victim.

Thursday, he suggested the outcome would have been different had she been a man and the victim was a pregnant, 12-year-old girl. -
Read the entire article here

No comments: